Short Answer: If your wines arrive warm that doesn’t mean they’re damaged! If you let the wines cool down a bit in a dark room they should be fine to drink. Of course, if, after you give them time to cool off and taste them, you think the wine isn’t good just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll refund you for the order!
Long Answer: We take heat very seriously when we ship our wines and send them in refrigerated cars for the majority of the trip. For the last few miles, however, on the delivery date, the wine is exposed to some heat on the truck. These last few miles will occasionally make the bottles feel warm to the touch, but it’s rare that it affects the taste of the wine. Once the bottle cools down to room temperature, the wine should be ready to drink!
If you’d rather not risk heat damage on future orders, that’s completely understandable! Below are a few options on how you can completely reduce the risk of heat affecting your orders:
- The best option is to have the order shipped to a business address or UPS store for pick up. That way your wine will arrive on the first delivery attempt and not get any unnecessary extra heat exposure from 2nd or 3rd attempts.
- You can also change the arrival date of your next order so that your wine won’t start coming again until the summer’s over. You can do this by following these easy steps:
- Log into your Firstleaf account
- Click on the “Arrives On” date above your next box
- A calendar will pop up and you can select any date you’d like
If you have any concerns about heat damage, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We’re more than happy to help!